If you live in West Wimbledon, London and its neighboring areas and you are planning a move, here are a few tips that you need to keep in mind:
1. Get the services of a professional moving company. If possible, allow them to do the packing and unpacking for you to ensure that there is minimal risk of your precious personal possessions and your furniture being damaged or broken.
2. Cancel any subscriptions that you have in advance – notify your milkman, the newspaper shop and anybody else who needs notification that you will be moving to a new home.
3. Give yourself ample time to prepare for the move. One of the biggest mistakes that homeowners make is that they rush into the packing process. You need to start weeks before your actual move date so that you can have time to organize everything prior to packing the things that you have in boxes.
4. Prior to packing, organize your things in such a way that you would know which things need to be thrown away, recycled or donated.
5. Don't let your utility company or any other establishment bill you unnecessarily – notify them of your exact move date to avoid extra charges on your bills.
6. Make a comparison of the rates offered by different removal companies. Some include packaging boxes, paper, tape, bubble wrap and other moving materials in the package that they offer. Otherwise, make sure that you have ample supply of these.
7. Mark all the boxes, especially the fragile ones and make sure to indicate which side should be up.
8. Finally, notify your friends, family members, your kids' school and your bank of your new address.
If you are looking for a company which will help in transitioning from one place to another, visit West Wimbledon Removals. Get in touch with us at 020 8746 9657 to get a free quote.